- Full Experience: Approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Flight Time: Approximately 20 minutes each way. Cape Conran adds 14 minutes to one leg.
- Depart: Lakes Entrance Airfield, East Gippsland at 11:30am in time for a noon lunch.
- Destination: Expected time on the ground at Marlo is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Product Code: HELI2
* Note: This Heli-Experience is suitable for 2-3 people (3rd person $60 extra) and includes lunch. Bookings essential as this Heli-Experience is subject to availability, weather and weight restrictions.
Enjoying the Marlo Hotel views over the Snowy River is one of life’s little joys. The dappled golden light playing on the still water of Lake Corringle is broken by the occasional tinnie piloted by a local fisher. You take this in downing an ice-cold beer on the deck of the Marlo Hotel, one of Australia’s best little hotels.
The first settler to occupy the Marlo township area was James Stirling around the year 1875. He built a bark hut on the bluff that had two rooms, bark walls, earthen floors and a shingle roof. By 1884, this structure had expanded to a 9 roomed accommodation house and in 1886 became the Marlo Hotel when a liquor license was granted. After various additions and renovations it is now a sprawling and characterful weatherboard building.