- Full Experience: Approximately 3 1/2 hours.
- Flight Time: Approximately 36 minutes there and 39 minutes back.
- Depart: Lakes Entrance Airfield, East Gippsland at 11:15am in time for a noon lunch.
- Destination: Expected time on the ground at Tinamba is approximately 2 hour.
- Product Code: HELI3
* Note: This Heli-Experience is suitable for 2-3 people (3rd person $75 extra) and includes lunch. Bookings essential as this Heli-Experience is subject to availability, weather and weight restrictions.
Simon and Tania Johnson have owned Tinamba Hotel since October 2020 and feel honoured to be the custodians of the hotel’s proud heritage as they build upon a vision from previous owners, Brad Neilson, Damien Gannon, the Schoenmaeker and Whelan families.
It was Tania’s connection to Tinamba that drew her own family back to the region from Melbourne. Born in Maffra, Tania’s family are well-known across Gippsland, with her grandfather, Ern Durrant working as the last station master at Tinamba. With much of her family still living in the area and Simon’s extensive experience working within the fresh produce industry, they knew the opportunity to take over the hotel’s reigns and move their family to Tinamba felt right.
Using the finest, locally grown fresh produce from local suppliers and working with the most talented chefs in the region is what the Johnsons believe sets Tinamba Hotel apart. The signature dishes deliver a truly memorable experience, served in a setting famously known as Gippsland’s favourite destination dining venue.